Kidnap & Ransom Insurance – Tailored to your needs
The number of kidnappings reported globally is rising and is estimated at around 20,000 reported incidents each year. If you are an organisation that operates in an industry or geographical location that could leave you open to such threats, then you should consider kidnap and ransom insurance, and protect your business and employees from threats including kidnap for ransom, extortion, detention or hijacking.
As well as the personal trauma involved in such an incident, there are a number of associated financial losses including ransom payments and associated costs, business interruption, litigation, as well as longer-term reputation damage and negative PR.
Any organisation could become the target of kidnapping or extortion, though size, profile and industry operating within can influence the risk. Executives within some industries are more commonly targeted, specifically oil & gas, mining, pharmaceutical, telecommunications and financial institutions. In addition, governmental and political employees, and representatives of non-profit organisations are also typically targeted too.
Acts of kidnap and piracy are becoming increasingly frequent, but they can now be planned for and anticipated, especially if you are travelling to areas with a known history for such events. Traditionally Latin America has been a key area for this, however over recent years it has become a global issue, and any organisation with employees operating or travelling overseas in high-risk areas such as the Middle-East, Africa and Asia should ensure they have a kidnap & ransom insurance policy to deal with any situation that arises, and to protect their people and business.
Our kidnap and ransom insurance policies cover the following:
- Kidnap, extortion or piracy – ransom reimbursement
- Evacuation & repatriation
- Disappearance investigation & expense
- Tiger kidnap
- Express kidnap
- Response consultant costs
- Ransom lost in transit
- Loss of earnings
- Hostage crisis
- Legal fees and other associated costs
- Personal accident – a lump sum for injury or death for those involved
- All reasonable additional costs (limits apply)
- Access to travel risk information.
A Personalised, Discreetly Managed Approach
Whether you’re a celebrity, a politician, a company executive, a consultant working on high profile projects in a remote area, or a security contractor operating in areas of known conflict or terrorism, you should consider taking out the appropriate kidnap and ransom insurance.
At Think, every kidnap and ransom insurance policy offered is individually tailored to your specific needs, and is discussed with you discreetly before you travel to high risk areas.
We recognise that a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach is not appropriate so tailor the policy to suit you, your business and your circumstance, to make sure you get the insurance cover that’s right for you.
More reasons to choose Think Insurance for your Kidnap & Ransom insurance:
- Our specialist kidnap and ransom insurance policies are underwritten by some of the leading kidnap and ransom insurers in the industry.
- Our claims helpline is free to call, is available 24 hours a day, and based solely in the UK.
- We offer a variety of payment options including flexible instalment plans and direct debit facilities.
- All of our staff are UK based, highly qualified and equipped to deal with your insurance requirements.
- We run our company along small brokerage lines so can give you and your business the personal focus, attention and level of customer service you deserve.
Get a kidnap and ransom insurance quote today and see the difference we can make to you and your business.